Sunday, March 8, 2009

ismini and gareth in budapest



This one was also cut for gareth and ismini's christmas presents and then printed again for my purple series.

I find that when I cut stencils I often either don't get around to printing them for a couple of months (if at all!) and when I do, I rarely print a copy for myself. This is partially due to the durability of the medium, as photocopy paper can only hold about two prints with acrylic paint per stencil until it begins to get soggy and fall apart. And then I hardly ever want to sit around for the stencil to dry completely before printing again so I usually just do a run of two and then file the thing away.

The whole purple series thing is kind of my reaction to that. I say kind of because it is partially a reaction to dom requesting prints of my shit, so the series, I suppose was really a reaction to dom and i's mutual request for prints of my work. All of them are hanging in the dining room now and we're about to paint the walls this bright, acidy lime green, so they will either pop and look rad as hell or need to be moved to another location. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment