Sunday, March 8, 2009

fountain in Erzsebet ter. Budapest (shadow stencil)



This is still one of the stencil's that I am most proud of. This print was done at the end of 2004 (I don't recall the specific month, but i believe i wrote it on the back of one of the pieces of this print, but they're attached to the bedroom wall at the moment-notice my trademark room collage bleeding onto it on the top)

This fountain was right off of Deak Ference ter. Metro stop, along the path I took to my favorite cafe next to the church that my grandmother used to go to in Budapest, Hungary. I used to go hang around that neighborhood nearly every day, either to visit the church, the cafe, my super cheap and awesome restaraunt or the international school's library (to research for my independent study paper on the effect of the Hunyadi kings in keeping the Ottoman Empire out of Europe-for which I was mentored by my fav professor of all time Marty Claussen, via internet)...mmm or the ice cream and dessert shop...mmmmm...

wait what? oh yeah the fountain. So I would always pass it en route to my old haunts and one day in May the light was just so amazing; casting the most triumphant looking shadows across the figures.

Early May seems to have the best light for shadow stencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment